Who does not like to leave the house with a nice perfume and full of good energies? Incense, and its multitude of aromas, promotes a peaceful and cozy atmosphere, where everyone wants to be. Nu-botanics spiritual incense is composed of aromatic materials, which release a fragrant smoke when burned. However, beyond the matter, there are those who attribute a meaning that goes beyond the pleasant sensation that incense provides. Below, we tell you a little more about the history and meaning of spiritual incense, how to prepare natural incense at home.
What is the meaning of incense?
The word incense comes from the Latin word, which means “to burn”. Used since ancient Egypt, the history of humankind with incense is long. For the peoples of ancient Babylon, the smoke of incense was a connecting link between man in the physical world and the gods in the spiritual world. Therefore, incense was widely used in religious ceremonies, rituals and funerals. Hindus have been using incense for about 6,000 years. So much so, that, to this day, India leads its production.
The benefits of incense
One of the main benefits attributed to incense is the energy purification of the environment, in addition to attracting good energies. It can also facilitate meditation and Yoga practices, as it collaborates with connection – relaxing the mind, promoting focus and decreasing anxiety. One of the points of attention is to check the quality of the incense used. Try to invest preferably in the most natural options. Those organic incenses are rustic and thick, and usually have the specification of 100% natural incense on the label. The advantage of these products is that they have a formulation of organic essences, such as charcoal, natural resins and herbs, in addition to not containing petroleum derivatives.
Finally, incense sticks that contain citronella are also good choices to ward off mosquitoes and other insects. Another interesting option is incense made from spices – a natural Indian product that mixes herbs and flavorings. Japanese incenses are also good choices as the ingredients are genuine and high quality.
The main scents of incense
Each scent of incense has some particular properties. Below, we list some of the most used scents –
- Rosemary: promotes improvement in concentration, brings clarity to thoughts, courage, security and prudence. It is also used for energetic cleaning of environments.
- Lavender: promotes tranquility, cleaning the environment of bad energies.
- Rue: helps in cleaning environments and wards off the evil eye.
- Chamomile: helps to calm the mood and the nervous system.
- Cinnamon: good for business transactions, it also has healing and antiseptic properties.
- Carnation: helps in voice recovery.
- Eucalyptus: It has healing properties and helps with respiratory problems.
- Myrrh: It is indicated to create a good environment for meditation, prayer and relaxation.
- Patchouli: It is well known for being an aphrodisiac, as it is an aroma with a stimulating action.
- White rose: purifies the environment, as well as bringing inner peace and harmony.
Industrialized incense is the most commercialized and cheapest. However, they may contain carcinogenic substances in their composition, such as benzene and formaldehyde, which are toxic to health.