Artificial grass is becoming increasingly popular as people realize its many benefits, such as lower maintenance and water conservation. Artificial turfs are becoming more popular with homeowners.
However, not all homeowners know the important things to consider when buying materials for fake lawns, even for sports artificial grass. Before starting your fake grass project, it is essential to determine which type of artificial grass will be most appropriate for your home and preferences.
SYNTHETIC TURF TYPES ACCORDING TO MATERIAL
- Nylon Artificial Grass – the nylon type is the strongest and most durable. It can withstand hard athletic play or frequent foot traffic. This type is able to withstand high temperatures without losing stability or melting. Despite its high price, this is a popular choice for sports fields and play areas.
- Polyethylene Artificial Grass – has the best life-like texture of all artificial grass types. It requires minimal maintenance, such as raking and brushing blades to maintain its upright shape. This grass is the best choice for homeowners looking to replace their lawn. It doesn’t lose its visual aesthetic or natural feel. This type is often used to replace entire lawns, including those that surround a pool or other outdoor spaces.
- Polypropylene Artificial Grass– is the cheapest type, but it has a delicate texture because it is made of solid pellets. It is the shortest-lasting of all three types, and it wears out quickly.
ARTIFICIAL GRASS TYPES RESULTING FROM PILE HEIGHT
- Short Pile Height– is the type with a height of less than 30mm. It makes your turf look more natural. Because it is easy to build a green home on, this is a great choice for homeowners.
- Medium Pile Height – synthetic grasses with an average length of between 30mm and 37mm that can look natural and not heavy, making your yard or recreational area look great.
- Long Pile Height – has a height of more than 37mm, and it can become bulky and appear flat due to its length. Some people may find extended pile heights unnatural.
There are many types of fake lawns for residential areas and artificial grass surface used for sports field. It will take time to choose the right one for you and your home. Be sure to consider all options before deciding which one to use on your fake grass.
To know more aboutthe different types of artificial grass, you can read thisinfographic from Easy Turf.