Modern times have come up with many inventions to make everyday tasks easier. There is innovation in everything from airplanes to home appliances. One of these inventions is the vacuum cleaner.
This makes dusting and cleaning much more accessible. What happens in a long time gets better in a few moments. Some vacuum accessories make vacuum cleaners more effective and make our work easier.
Four accessories are usually used: a vacuum cleaner, Crevice tool, Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool, and Extension wand. These four will be discussed here below in this article till the end of the page.
1. Crevice tool:
When the engineers felt the need to clean the holes and areas where the general vacuum cleaner is tough to reach, they needed a tool to cover even the littlest hidden areas.
And if these tiny holes and hidden areas are given a dirty touch, they can be very harmful to health and very dangerous to children’s health. So the crevice tool is handy for cleaning hard-to-reach places.
- It is used to clean the refrigerator: The refrigerator in any home is where people keep their food and drink, and if it is not cleaned correctly, it becomes the most significant cause of spreading dirt and food poisoning. It is essential to clean the glass shelves, jars, stacking, and small holes.
Cleaning its drawers on time is beneficial for good food and health. Crevice tools are often used to clean refrigerators. It cleans small parts like drawers and drinks portions.
- It is used to clean the sofa: Oxy Clean is a Crevice tool used to clean the hidden areas of the sofa. In addition, this tool can be used to clean dirty ridges.
2. Dusting brush:
Cleaned dusting has been a problem to this day. A vacuum cleaner makes this process much easier, but dusting becomes problematic in many places, such as cleaning bookcases and cleaning window sills.
With this need in mind, engineers invented a tool that can be used with vacuum cleaners. These are soft round bristles that play an essential role in dusting.
Dusting brush comes with inch-long bristles. These bristles surround the opening of the tool to throw away the dust particles from;
- Window treatments
- Window screens
The main feature of this vacuum accessory is that it does cleaning without any scratching. It also has other uses in the cleaning of;
- Air vents
- Refrigerators coils
- Chair and table legs
- Inset panels of doors and
- Clocks and bookends
3. Upholstery tool:
The upholstery tool is a vacuum cleaner accessory with a small flathead with powerful suction. It works best on the fabric surfaces such as mattresses, couches, chairs, and others.
- The structure of the upholstery tool involves a 4 to 6 inches wide mouth; this helps upholstery fibers to provide a direct band of suction.
- It also acts as a lint roller. Red microfiber strips do this duty.
- It helps to clean dust and hair from mattresses and carpeted stairs.
4. Extension wand:
A vacuum extension wand is a special accessory for cleaning high and low places. You can easily clean the ceiling and the places under radiators or dressers with an extension wand attached.
- It is a type of upright’s hose to clean high fan blades, air vents, door frames, and light fixtures.
- It can also be used to clean the top of the tall furniture pieces where climbing is required.
- The excellent use is that it can suck up small items dropped between the couch cushions, e.g., coins and jewelry, etc.
In the light of the above discussion, vacuum accessories are used to enhance the functionality and efficient use of vacuum cleaners. Four commonly used accessories involve a crevice tool, a dusting brush, an upholstery tool, and an expansion wand. These help to clean surfaces that are unreachable.